I won a Sunshine Blogger Award, thanks to the awesome Skylar Mei from GamerGal.exe. I virtually met Skylar-Mei through a blog series by Normal Happenings’ “The Games That Define Us” which will be released next month. Then, I participated in A Geeky Gal’s 30 Day Anime Challenge and was introduced to several awesome anime recommendations from Skylar-Mei. Anyways, the questions that I was asked are:
1. If any gaming controller could work with any console, what would be your preferred gamepad?
This is an easy question for me since I’m actually extremely picky when it comes to my remotes. I’m not a fan of xbox controllers which is basically why we don’t own one. I also have never liked the Wii remotes. Something about trying to point and aim just never worked for me. For the most part, I’m a Playstation gamer and I prefer the remote over any. However, I do miss the original Nintendo remotes. Having just a few buttons was so simple and sometimes truly missed.
2. Has there ever been a time where you gave up on a section in a game and never looked back?
Haha, unfortunately, this is me…often. I wouldn’t say that I’m a quitter. It’s more that I get distracted easily and when I take a break from a game I usually find another game to play and am immediately addicted until I hit a section I give up, take a break, and start another game. The cycle just repeats.
3. What is your favourite name of an achievement/trophy?
World of Warcraft’s, What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been. This achievement has a long history for me. It’s an achievement that you have to complete all the world events and you earn a Purple Proto-Drake (flying mount). If you are familiar with my blog, you are probably aware that this is my most sought after mount and I will one day complete this achievement.
4. What is your favourite video game soundtrack?
Skyrim! The opening song in Skyrim is one of my absolute favorite video game songs. Here is two of my favorite YouTube musicians, Peter Hollens and Lindsey Stirling, performing it.
5. Which game has the best loot system?
I’ve actually never considered this. I suppose Diablo III has the best loot system because the loot just drops out onto the map for you to run over (PlayStation 3) instead of clicking the body and “auto looting.” I also think it’s funny how you run over things (jars, bodies, etc.) and money just flies onto the map.
6. What’s the most difficult game you’ve ever beaten?
Here is a confession….I’ve only beaten a few games in my entire gaming career. I’m just not good at finishing games because I hate the idea of the story ending. However, of the games I have actually beaten, the Borderlands series was the hardest.
7. Which game have you played the most and approximately have many hours have you spent on this game?
HAHA!! Hands down, World of Warcraft. I couldn’t even begin to tell you how many hours I’ve played. I can tell you that I’ve played since 2009 and from at least 2009-2011, I played every day for at least a few hours. Then, from 2015-2018 I’ve had a steady gameplay where I play an average of 10 hours each week.
8. Was there ever a game that made you think “I really want to play more games like this”?
I wish there were more multiplayer-like games like Borderlands. So many multiplayer console games are one console only which means that typically for those awesome games my husband and I have to purchase one of each (which also means we have two Playstations). I love that with Borderlands, we can sit on the couch (with a third or fourth player) and play without having to purchase extra devices, extra games, and worry about syncing equipment (like with friend invites).
9. Hard copies or digital?
I love the idea of digital and mostly stick with digital games through my BattleNet and Steam accounts. However, for the consoles, I prefer to purchase hard copies for games because I worry that I will run out of storage space (which is now happening in our PlayStation 4).
10. Since it’s nearly Hallowe’en, what’s you favourite horror game (or film if you haven’t played any)?
Update, it took me a while to respond to this list (frowny face) but I wouldn’t have a good answer for this anyway. I don’t play horror games….like, at all. I’m such a wimp when it comes to scary things (movies, books, games, you name it). However, there is one game that I do play regularly that actually scares me and that’s Skyrim. I know, surprise! I absolutely hate doing the storylines in Skyrim that require going into the crypts. Even more, I hate having the sound on because the sound effects and music really get to me. Now, I save those quests for during the day (with all the lights on in the house) and when I know my husband is home. Although, sometimes with him home, I get scared even more because he’s like a stealthy ninja that creeps up on me (which I think he thoroughly enjoys).
11. As we’re both fairly new to Twitter, who should we be following?
Hmm….I’m honestly more of an Instagram nerd but my favorite accounts to follow on Twitter are:
@RosannaPansino – If you haven’t heard of Nerdy Nummies, it’s probably the most amazing cooking show out there.
@garvindale – If you’re interested in World of Warcraft.
@mongrelmarie – Creator of the webtoon, Let’s Play.
@normalhappening – I love this blog and their passion for trying to get gaming bloggers together to share ideas, memories, and laughs.
We Nominate… You!
Matt and Nikki, Normal Happenings
Megan, A Geeky Gal
The Well-Red Mage
Sam Foden, For Fods Sake
Ani, Doki Doki Otaku
Heather, Just Geeking By
- What was the very first video game you ever played?
- If you could only play one game for the rest of your life, what would that game be?
- What video game do you wish had a sequel (or prequel)?
- Are you a morning, afternoon, or evening gamer? Weekday or weekend?
- What’s the worst game you’ve ever played?
- What video game character is your spirit animal (as in, what character do you relate with the most)?
- What’s your favorite video game villain?
- Kiss, Marry, Kill: Name one video game character you’d kiss, one you would marry, and one you would kill.
- What video game has the most intriguing storyline?
- What’s the most money you’ve spent on a video game?
- If you could teleport into a video game and live in that world, what would it be?
Please feel free to join in even if you haven’t been nominated and link your answers back to this post (or you can even play along in the comments section), the more the merrier! We look forward to reading everyone’s answers!